The Ottawa River Coalition and the Allen Soil and Water Conservation District sell 45 gallon plastic, terracotta and granite colored rain barrels. Rain barrels capture water from your roof that you can later use on your lawn, garden or indoor plant. Collecting roof runoff in rain barrels reduces the amount of water that flows from your property. It’s a great way to conserve water and it’s free water for use in your landscape. The barrels come complete with a diverter kit and hardware to quickly connect the units to downspouts.
You may order online at www.allenswcd.com, by filling out this form, or by contacting us at 419-223-0040 x110. You will need to pick up your rain barrels at our office.
Features of This Rain Barrel:
• 45 gallon barrel with snap on lid
• Lid can be inverted for use as a planter
• Made in the USA from durable food grade HDPE resin
• 30% recycled content
• Sealed system resists mosquitoes, insects, and algae growth
• Includes diverter and all parts needed for installation
• Diverter is easy to install and winterize
• No special tools needed – hole saw included
• Spigot and drain have standard garden hose connection
• Illustrated step-by-step instructions
• Works with standard rectangular downspouts